Is working from home wearing you out? This past year has been rough for many people, as they adjust to a “new normal” of working from home and caring for their families at the same time. Unfortunately, it can all lead to burnout. How can you keep from burning out and stay healthy and productive?
- Why do people suffer from work-from-home burnout? Burnout is not a new concept, but the pandemic has made it feel especially hopeless. We’re home so much, trying to maintain normalcy in a world that feels far from normal, and we have no idea when things will change. It all adds up to a level of stress that can be particularly devastating. When people can’t separate their work and home lives, it can lead to work-from-home burnout, because feeling like you’re always “on” can be physically and emotionally exhausting.
- How do you know if you’re heading towards burnout? Everyone is stressed right now, so what makes work-from-home burnout different from run-of-the-mill emotional turmoil and fatigue? Pay attention to these symptoms:
- Physical symptoms like tension, dizziness, fainting, chest pain, headaches, heart palpitations, gastrointestinal pain, or increased occurrence of illnesses
- Losing track of tasks or failing to finish work on time
- Mood changes, including irritability sadness, or anger
- Symptoms of depression like hopelessness, loss of interest in things you normally enjoy, or fatigue
- Feeling apathetic or discouraged in your work
- Having trouble sleeping because of insomnia or having trouble falling asleep
- Drinking more than usual
- If you think you’re suffering from burnout, there are some strategies you can try to help you recover. There’s no magical solution, and different things work for different people, so you might want to try a few of these and see what helps you.
- Find ways to take back control of your life. Some things are out of your control, so take control of what you can. Plan healthy meals and eat them on a schedule. Work at least 15 or 20 minutes of exercise into your day, and plan a bedtime routine that will help you calm down and fall asleep.
- Set some boundaries. Define your work hours and stick to your schedule. Don’t respond to emails or messages during your non-working hours. Take a 15 to 30 minute break in the middle of your work day. Talk to your boss about how you can make some changes that will help keep you motivated.
- Connect with people. It’s easy to feel isolated right now, but human contact is important, so make a point to reach out to others. Talking to someone on the phone might give you just the boost you need. It might also help you to talk to a therapist.
- Do something each day that’s just for you. Step away from your technology and have some “me time” every day. You might take a five-minute break in the morning and afternoon to do a quick mindfulness exercise, taking a few deep breaths and paying attention to your surroundings. Beyond that, though, set aside some time daily to do something you enjoy, like pursuing a hobby or playing with pets.
- You can also set yourself up for success with a better workspace. Physically separating your work and living spaces is ideal, so even if you don’t have a separate home office, make sure you have a dedicated workspace. Keep it tidy, and make sure it’s comfortable and well-organized. Leave your work area for lunch for further delineation.
Pouch Self Storage has been operating mini-storage facilities since 1979 and is committed to keeping our clients’ belongings safe. Founded by John Yelland, who hails from Australia, Pouch Self Storage is named in honor of the kangaroo’s pouch- nature’s safe and secure storage spot. We’re an industry leader in design, building, and maintenance of self-storage facilities, and we strive to give our occupants the most advanced security systems available. At our nine Southern California facilities, you’ll find state-of-the-art computer monitoring systems that allow our self-storage managers to monitor the opening and closing of every storage unit door, 24 hours a day. Currently, we’re abiding by CDC recommendations and implementing social distancing, but you can still reach us by calling (800) 378-4598 or contacting us through our website.
When you are the owner of a business, it is important to make sure that all of your documents and spare inventory are placed in a secure and protected location. Business storage is a smart solution for your document and equipment storage needs.
With quality business storage, you will have all of the space that you need to house your important items and papers, off-site. Climate controlled storage is one great business storage option that will be provided to you by your local storage company. Along with seeking out climate controlled storage, you may also want to ask about business self storage in Anaheim. With self storage units, you can organize your storage unit to meet your personal preferences.
When you are seeking business storage or vehicle storage near Anaheim, look no further than POUCH Self Storage. Our highly rated storage units will be perfectly suited to your business storage needs. To hear more about how we can assist you with your storage needs, call us at (800) 378-4598.
Small businesses tend to have a lot of hurdles to jump over in order to be successful. The best way to keep a small business running smoothly is to stay organized. If office supplies or inventory starts to clutter your workspace or storefront, consider renting a self storage unit. Some storage facilities offer supplementary services for your convenience, such as a free moving truck, so do your research. Watch this video to learn another way to keep your business organized.
Since 1979, POUCH Self Storage has been providing our customers with fantastic business storage units, as well as standard self storage units in Anaheim. Call us today at (800) 378-4598 for more information, including how you can reserve one of our personal or business storage units.
Over the years, a business can accumulate a lot of items such as inventory, mountains of important paperwork, business supplies, and boxes upon boxes of records and receipts. If left unchecked, all of these items can start to clutter up your office space, storage rooms, or storefront. To maintain a sense of order and organization that your business needs to thrive, you should utilize an off-site storage unit. Here are some benefits of off-site business storage.
Office spaces and storefronts that are cluttered can be real turnoffs for business associates and customers. Not only can clutter be unsightly, but it can also make your business seem less credible. To keep your place of business tidy and organized, store your files, excess inventory, and other business items that you’re not currently using at a secure storage facility.
Accessibility and Convenience
When choosing among the many storage facilities in your area, go with the one that’s nearest to your business. Ideally, your storage unit should be no more than five minutes away by car. Also, be sure to pick a place that has convenient hours of operation—that is, your unit should be accessible to you and your employees when you need to access your belongings.
Climate-Controlled Storage Units
If you’re planning to move boxes of important business documents, receipts, or financial records to your storage unit, you want to be sure that they’re going to be safe while they’re being stored. Since standard units are generally not airtight or insulated, the items kept inside them can be vulnerable to extreme temperature fluctuations and high humidity levels. To protect your valuable and sensitive items, consider renting a climate-controlled storage unit, which is designed to maintain a steady temperature and humidity level within itself.
POUCH Self Storage strives to provide our customers with the best business storage solutions on the market today. Contact us at (800) 378-4598 to learn more about our business and self storage options in Rancho Cucamonga, as well as our free moving truck service.
Self storage can be a vital part of running an efficient and successful business. You may not have room to store everything you need for your business on your own commercial premises. Inventory, stationery, office supplies, packaging, and spare office furniture can be bulky. If your business space becomes crowded or cluttered, it could reduce efficiency and you may find it difficult to locate the things you need. To use self-storage units near you in the most effective way, there are a few business storage guidelines you should follow.
Start by Making a List
The first step is to decide which items to store on your premises and which to allocate to a self-storage unit. Stationery, supplies, and equipment which is in regular use are best kept on-site. You can store office equipment which you use less often. A self-storage unit is also the ideal place to keep spare inventory. You can retrieve it easily as soon as it is needed. To make it easier to locate individual items, group similar objects together. Make sure all boxes and containers are clearly labeled.
Pack Things Carefully
To avoid damage to your valuable stock and supplies, make sure you use suitable packing materials. Stack furniture neatly. Box things carefully using sturdy boxes of an appropriate size. Use smaller boxes for heavier items. Enclose delicate objects in bubble wrap for protection. Stack heavy boxes underneath lighter ones. Consider installing shelving in your self-storage unit.
Create a Map of the Storage Unit
A hand-drawn or computer-generated sketch of the storage unit, with a map of everything that is stored inside, can be extremely useful. To prevent hours of searching, create a list of exactly what you have stored and where.
If you are interested in business storage space or jumbo storage units for your commercial inventory or supplies, we at POUCH Self Storage can help. Let us advise you on how to use self-storage in Anaheim , Fountain Valley, Lake Forest, Long Beach, Pasadena, Rancho Cucamonga, San Juan and Tustin, make your business more streamlined and efficient. For more ideas, call one of our Self Storage Specialists at (800) 378-4598, or visit our website.
Record retention is a valuable tool for companies and home businesses. A storage unit at a reputable storage facility is a safe, secure place to store important documents you may need later. Here are some key reasons why record retention is important.
It Can Prove Valuable in a Lawsuit
If you or your company is sued, or if you are listed as a plaintiff, witness, or custodian of record in any legal proceeding, the information contained in company and employee records might prove invaluable. You don’t need to store every piece of paper you’ve received since the founding of your company. Consult with an attorney with experience in records management for guidelines on what records are crucial and useful to store, and how long they should remain in storage before they can be destroyed.
It May Be Legally Required
Depending upon your business, retaining records for a specific time period may be legally required. All organizations are required by law to retain tax records and employment records. Typically, companies with 15 or more employees are required to keep employment records for 1 to 5 years, depending upon the document. Documents related to medical exams must be retained for at least 30 years. Tax records must be retained between 2 and 7 years, depending upon the tax document.
You Can Create an Inventory of Your Records
Sending your important records to a storage facility is a perfect opportunity to create a database or inventory of these documents for future reference. Each storage box should be numbered and contain distinctly labeled folders. As you add documents to folders, folders to boxes, and boxes to your storage unit, you should maintain and update your inventory.
If you or your company is in need of a secure storage facility in Orange County , Los Angeles County or San Bernardino County, contact a Self Storage Specialist at POUCH Self Storage. We have 8 convenient California locations, and offer a number of different self-storage unit sizes and services, including business storage, secure document storage, and on-site document shredding and destruction. For more information, call us today at (800) 378-4598.
If you are responsible for your business, you may find paper documents take up a significant amount of space on your property. To solve your space issues, you might want to consider the great business storage services POUCH Self Storage has to offer. Our spacious storage units offer all the room you will need to store and organize your important documents. In addition, our climate controlled storage spaces at POUCH Self Storage Long Beach have around the clock security services that ensure your sensitive documents are protected. With our onsite document shredding and jumbo storage units, we will be able to help you get the most out of your document storage space.
To learn more about the benefits of choosing POUCH Self Storage, give us a call at (800) 378-4598. Our Self Storage Specialists will be thrilled to answer your questions about the services we have to offer.